You may be in the situation where batteries in your electric appliances dies and needs to throw them away while you are on holiday in Phu Quoc.
When you tossed out depleted batteries into the trash, they end up in landfills where they decay and leak. As batteries corrode, their chemicals soak into soil and contaminate groundwater and surface water.
The leakage soaked into the water damages and destroyed marine life and its fragile eco-system. Those fish and other seashell that you consume contaminated that affect your health. The leakage from the tossed-out batteries will evaporate into the air and we inhale polluted air.
Please help us to protect environment as well as our livelihood by:
- Bring back used batteries and discard them according to the environmental policy in your home country.
- Buy re-chargeable batteries
- Buy solar operated appliances and devices where possible.
- Bring used batteries to designated place to discard them properly.
- Please bring it to our office. OnBird will discard it for you.