Phu Quoc island has dozens of charming beaches and this comprehensive guide to 16 popular beaches has been updated in February 2023 with some of OnBird’s perspectives.
Pearl island has seen upgraded infrastructures including road networks opening access to more beaches in recent years. Meanwhile, the south and west coasts of Phu Quoc island are strikingly developed and in the midst of major construction of resorts; its north & east coasts are still untouched and relatively worth exploring.
The 16 beaches below are listed in topographical order from North down to South, Phu Quoc Island.
- NORTH – EAST PHU QUOC
- NORTH PHU QUOC
- NORTH-WEST PHU QUOC
- SOUTH-WEST PHU QUOC
- SOUTH-EAST PHU QUOC
- SAVE PHU QUOC CORALS
NORTH – EAST PHU QUOC
1. Thom Beach (Bãi Thơm)Rating: 3 star
2. Cay Sao Beach (Untouched Part of Phu Quoc)Rating: 3.5 star
NORTH PHU QUOC
3. Rach Tram Beach (Rạch Tràm)
4. Ham Rong Beach or Dragon Beach – Kingdom of Starfish
5. Rach Vem Beach or Starfish Beach
6. Ganh Dau Beach (Gành Dầu)
NORTH-WEST PHU QUOC
7. Bai Dai Beach or Casuarina Beach
Update 2023: The pristine state of the long beach area is no longer available, now it is under a construction for a massive real estate project. The row of poplar trees has now been completely replaced by the investor with coconut trees.
Rating: 4.5 star
8. Vung Bau Beach or Half-moon Beach (Vũng Bầu)
9. Cua Can Beach (Cửa Cạn)
10. Ong Lang Beach (Ông Lang)Rating: 4 star
SOUTH-WEST PHU QUOC
11. Duong Dong Harbour Beach (Dương Đông)
12. Shri Beach
Rating: 3.5 starA nice beach next to Ngoc Hien Pearl farm on the way from the Phu Quoc Airport to Duong Dong town. A nice place for either relaxing and working.
Here the Club usually hosts DJ parties or private meetings upon requests from late afternoon till night.
13. Sunset Sanato Beach
The beach is home to the International Music Festival – Epizode which takes place every year on the last 11 days of December.
14. Three Tree Beach – Sailing Club Phu Quoc
SOUTH-EAST PHU QUOC
15. Sao Beach (Bãi Sao)
16. Kem Beach or Khem Beach (Bãi Kem/ Bãi Khem)
DISCOVER MORE INTERESTING THINGS IN PHU QUOC ISLAND, check out here!
SAVE PHU QUOC CORALS
Sustainable travel to protect the sea water and habitat of the coral reefs in Phu Quoc